Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Get Up and Go that Got Up and Went

MEET THE PRESS
May 14, 2000, Sunday

MR. RUSSERT: Peter King, if Rudy Giuliani does not run for the Senate, will you?

REP. KING: Yeah, I certainly intend to. If he drops out of the race, I certainly intend to pursue the nomination, yes.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, you give up your House seat?

REP. KING: Well, if that's what it takes, I would, sure. I mean, the convention's only in two weeks, but I would do all I could to get the nomination. And I wouldn't have to give up the House seat to get the nomination in May, or if I got the nomination, yes, then I would give up the House seat.

Racing for the Senate
May 30, 2000

Rep. Rick Lazio accepts the Republican nomination to run for Senator of New York after campaigning for a week and a half, and prepares to face Hillary Clinton this fall.

No comments: