Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Bill Corrigan to Run Against King in 2008

He's making it official...

"And so, my fellow Americans:..."
"...ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."My fellow citizens of the third district,With the words of John F. Kennedy echoing in my thoughts I read over reams of data that I have collected over the past several months. Surveys and polls, emails and letters flood my office. As I aggregate your voices I hear desperation, anger and distrust...but all with a dint of optimism.

Too many of you feel the "weight of an enormous government", an "unsteady world" and "fear of more of the same". You feel limited in options and crestfallen in being able to do anything about it. You feel your voices are "drowned out".And so much frustration is caused because you know that so much good is possible, but you feel so much is "lost in waste." You see the good people do outside of the political arena. The good people who volunteer, those who run spontaneous charity drives in times of need, the business owner who donates to the community. You want somebody who embodies those attributes". You want someone who can "articulate your desires", "lift your spirits" and "amplify your voices in Washington" and around the world. You want a "strong leader", "a smart, level-headed thinker" who is "one of you"! You want someone to point at and say to your child "there goes an honest man." Someone you can be proud to say represents you.You want someone who can "get things done", who will "contribute to the betterment of the district" and who will "serve with integrity."
I come to you, hat in hand, to humbly request that you allow me to be that servant.As such, today, March 14, 2007, I announce my candidacy to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives for the Third District of New York."

Read the rest here.

No comments: