Monday, May 19, 2008

King's Drunk Driving Buddy Fossella Will Not Seek Re-Election

Fossella has decided not to seek re-election.
This is still a far cry from resigning like King demanded Spitzer do.

From the Staten Island Advance..
"May 20, 2008
To the Constituents of the 13th Congressional District:

After a great deal of consideration, I have made the decision not to
seek re-election to the United States House of Representatives this
November. This choice was an extremely difficult one, balanced
between my dedication to service to our great nation and the need to
concentrate on healing the wounds that I have caused to my wife and
family.

For over 10 years, I have had the distinct privilege of representing
the people of Staten Island and Brooklyn. I have been humbled by their
support and honored to represent them in Congress. Over the years, we
have achieved many great things that have helped make our community
and this country a better place to live - from closing the Fresh Kills
Landfill, to saving Fort Hamilton, to helping New York cope with the
pain and recover from the 9/11 attacks. I am extremely proud of these
and other achievements and the fact that our work has made a positive
difference in the lives of so many people.

It is for this reason that I will continue to serve you and our
community for the duration of my term, which will expire on January 3,
2009.

Despite the personal mistakes I have made, I am touched by the
outpouring of support and encouragement I have received from so many
people. Their kind words and prayers during this difficult time mean
more to me than I can express. And while many have urged me to run for
re-election, I believe this course of action is best for my family and
our community.

Representing the people of Staten Island and Brooklyn has been the
most rewarding professional experience of my life. I am forever
grateful to all those I have had the honor to serve.

Sincerely

Vito J. Fossella
Member of Congress"


Gee, I guess to Vito his daughter is now a "mistake." He's in the running for Father of the Year.

No comments: