Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Going Postal

The Hill Newspaper asked House and Senate members "What is the most embarrassing job you’ve ever had?"

Sen. Isakson (R-Ga.) said “There’s no such thing as an embarrassing job. Work is a responsible, good thing to do. I’ve worked in real estate, construction. I’ve waited tables. I’m proud of all the jobs I’ve had.”

Rep. Green (D-Texas) said “I’ve never had an embarrassing job. All work is good work. The best job is always the one that you’re still looking for.”

And Peter King says "I worked in the post office, seasonal work."

So working in a Post Office is embarrassing?
Tell that to the men and women who get our mail delivered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should put King's entire quote from the article. King actually sounds like he's mocking the reporter for asking that question to begin with. You misquoted him.