Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hat Meet Ring

Do you know me?
I'm like Karl Malden in the American Express commercials.
I've run this website for a few years now and have had alot to say. I've been quoted and linked to in newspapers and other websites but my name, John Rennhack isn't very well-known.
My positions on the major issues of the day aren't that well-known either but I will be changing that as I provide more in-depth posts on my views in contrast to Peter Kings.

Personally I think the 2008 election season is starting way too early. It's great that there are candidates stepping up to run but the campaigning on the Presidential level this early will wear the electorate thin.
That being said, I always believed in putting my money where my mouth is.

Yes, November 2008 is awhile away but now is the time to review options and take the first steps.
Who knows what the next 12 months will bring, but we need a better representative for the 3rd congressional district.
This website will continue to provide information on Peter King and expose his actions.

Here are a few things that I believe.
I believe in the Constitution of the United States.

I believe that the US Government can wiretap suspects as long as the proper warrants are obtained.
I believe that citizens have a right to know what thier government is doing and have easy access to that information.
I believe in a strong and secure United States with the best trained and smartly funded military.
I believe we owe veterans a healthcare system that will meet thier needs and reflect the sacrifice they have made.
I believe we need to increase cargo shipment inspections into the US to 100%.
I believe in a woman's right to choose.
I believe in
open, free and fair elections using the most reliable and secure voting machines available.
I believe in public education and the need to strengthen the education system.
I believe in universal healthcare.
I believe in cutting waste (pork) from the budget and redirecting those savings towards education and healthcare.
I believe in a workers right to organize a union.
I believe in protecting workers rights.
I believe Social Security is a compact made between generations and the need to sustain the system without endangering future benefits.
I believe we can do better.
I know we need to do better.
I know I can do better than the representative we have now.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of all the residents in the 3rd Congressional District, I want to applaud your possible candidacy for Congress. With you running, you will ensure two more years of real leadership that Peter King provides us.